Friday, March 14, 2014

Quinoa Broccoli and Cheese


So not only does my daughter seem to have a gluten sensitivity, I have been hearing so much about this super grain, quinoa. Packed with protein and tons of other great nutrients, I decided to try it. The trick was to make it similar to something else in effort to deceive the skeptics in the house. I chose this cheesy broccoli recipe. It was simple to make and was similar to broccoli/rice/cheese casserole.

I am not a huge fan of rice, in fact I rarely eat it. I am a picky eater at heart. I wanted to still  try this though. (I KNOW , I am brave). Let me just say I really liked this recipe. Hubby said it was good but he likes rice better and the most important person to like it..my daughter...didn't. In fairness she isn't a fan of broccoli. I will be making it again though. Maybe with some variations to it. I will also be trying other quinoa recipes in the future. This was a SUCCESS.

March is a huge month for me, but I will be making some new recipes and posting the results. I will be experimenting with some gluten free recipes and will also let you know how that goes for those whose are gluten free.

Website picture. As mentioned before I am not a photographer. Mine looked almost identical to this though.

Here is the link to the recipe. :)

http://whatsfordinner-momwhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2012/12/cheesy-broccoli-quinoa-and-giveaway.html


No comments:

Post a Comment