Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cake batter puppy chow



As you might notice now, I have a fondness for puppy chow/chex mix. I love trying varieties and a mix of flavors. It just seems like its so easy and it goes far. I can make it a sweet treat or a salty mix. It's just the perfect snack in my home (and to travel with). 

I have made this several times and each time it's a hit. I know, it's not super pretty but you can have fun with it if you want. I have seen a variety of different recipes for this, some including Funfetti cake mix. I have found that no matter the sprinkles you use, they get covered up by the powdered sugar mixture or they fall to the bottom. Either way, I have not been able to get that pretty little pop of color. This time around, I drizzled the extra white chocolate on the batch and sprinkled that with some Spring blue sugar crystals. (There are other sprinkles in this version, but like I said, they are hard to see). 

This requires chex, powdered sugar, cake mix (I use white), white chocolate or white almond bark, and your choice of Sprinkles. This can be easily altered to a gluten free version too if you prefer. 

Here's the link from my Pinterest Pin for the recipe. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment