Sunday, February 16, 2014

Red velvet puppy chow



Red Velvet Puppy Chow

I am indifferent to this recipe. I made this for my daughter's Valentine party hoping it would be a fun little treat for the kids. After my search for Valentine m&m's failed, I was already a little disappointed in the color scheme not being very true to the holiday. I also had to omit the cream cheese and milk part because I was transferring it to the school and could not keep it cold. Despite the slightly altered recipe, I was not real impressed with the red velvet flavor. I don't think the flavor came through. It just tasted like chocolate, which I never complain about. I doubt I will make this one again. 

No one who received the leftovers in my home complained either. I just wasn't impressed with how this turned out. The kids were excited to receive these as a special treat at the school party. 

I am thankful that I got to spend time with my daughter at school and got to meet some of her friends I always hear so much about, She was thrilled to have me there and meet her friends. I had a great holiday seeing the joy my kids have when they bite into their gourmet chocolates. My hubby and I do not typically celebrate the holiday because we don't see the point in the extra expenses. We get our kids the special chocolates every year and at some point in the week try to have a dinner date night. We kinda just use the holiday as an excuse to venture out. Oh and it's a given I get some of those chocolates too of course. However you celebrate and whatever it means to you, I hope it was treasured in some form. 





No comments:

Post a Comment