Saturday, February 1, 2014

Red Hot Puppy Chow


This is a red hot puppy chow that I decided to try. First let me say, Red hots are difficult to find! So I review the directions, seems easy enough to do. I love trying new puppy chow recipes.

Well, the candies really don't melt, even when smashed as indicated. So I had to mash them as they heated but they still never became really incorporated into the chocolate. As I waited for the candies to do what they where supposed to, my chocolate went past the nice melted stage needed to really distribute through the chex. So I ended up digging out the candies because the recipe states to do this to prevent teeth breakage. Needless to say, this was a FAIL. I had clumpy chocolate and could not distribute it properly (never had the problem with other recipes) and it has very little red hot flavor since I had to dig out all the unmelted ones.

Bright side, we have some extra red hots and white chocolate clumpy puppy chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment