Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pallet shelf


My kitchen is VERY small therefore,  I have limited space for storage. I have seen large pallets on Pinterest used as shelves for pictures and stuff. Truth be told, I loved the idea, but my house is too small to incorporate a large pallet shelf idea.  I came across this little gem at a local antique shop and knew it would be perfect to get the look I loved without overtaking a large part of my wall. This is a small pallet and is placed next to my stove. It has all my spices and I used small jam jars to label and store frequently used spices. My next step is to put a small nail on the left side to hang my oven mitt. 

My husband thought I was crazy to bring home a stained pallet. He asked if I actually paid money for it. He obviously could not see my vision. Now he loves the idea and it is easy for him to find the salt, pepper, and cinnamon. These being the only spices he uses. I consider this a SUCCESS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment